Laser hair removal is the most emerging technology of hair removal but it is important to know about this technology from a scratch so that you are ready to go for this procedure. Like any latest technology, there are few learning points which you need to look into.
Knowing this will make a Difference!!!!
LASER is a device that through the optical amplification process emits light which is completely based on the emission of an electromagnetic radiation.
The first LASER device was built in 1960 by Theodore H. Maiman at Hughes Research Laboratories. One of the attractive features of LASER device is that the LASER can be focused on a specific spot or area & therefore LASER is used for the laser cutting and also for the lithography.
In the field of medicine, LASER is very commonly used The introduction of LASER technology in the field of medicine has made the surgeries quick and easier. Around 15 years back the cataract operation used to take 2-3 hours but now it is done through laser in just 30-45 minutes. Many other surgeries are also done by laser like removal of kidney stone, appendix, gallbladder stone, treatment of cancer by destroying of tumours and cancer cells and even the cosmetic treatments like treatment of acne, cellulite, hair removal and any more…
Benefits of laser
- It reduces the chance of wound infection
- Wound healing is quick
- Blood loss is very less
- Complex tasks are done at ease
- It reduces the discomfort of the patient after the operation.
LASER Hair Removal
Nowadays Laser hair removal has become very popular hair removing procedure. The hair is removed from the skin through the exposure of the laser light pulses which makes the hair follicles inactive.
Before Laser hair removal became commercial in the year 1995-1996, it was actually tested for about twenty years. In 1997, the United States Food & Drug Administration granted this technique of laser hair removal. Laser hair removal is now regarded as one of the most used cosmetic procedures in the United States of America and now it is rapidly acquiring the Indian market.
Read more about
Laser Hair Removal Treatment in Hyderabad
Why Laser Hair Removal is must be preferred nowadays over waxing?
The long-established method of removing the hair is waxing and shaving. People still use these methods for hair removal. After doing waxing the hair start coming within 15 to 20 days depending upon the individuals’ frequency of hair growth and after doing shaving the hair starts coming from second or third day only. In shaving the hair is removed from the surface of the skin only and in waxing the hair is removed from further down the shaft and there it takes time to grow. Waxing cannot stop hair growth but it can make the hair grow lighter and finer
In the case of Laser, the growth of the hair almost reduces by 95% because it makes the hair follicle inactive so they are not able to grow here but this is done after doing sessions of laser and not in one time. These laser sessions are not done one after another but after 6 months to 12 months and this is the best part of using the laser hair removal technique but tenure also completely depends on the frequency of growth of your hair. It is a long lasting technique instead of a monthly routine.
Why Laser hair removal technique need a number of sessions?
Our hair grows in various phases like anagen, telogen, catagen etc.. and a laser can only impact on those hair follicles which are currently growing. Therefore, many numbers of laser sessions are required to damage the hair in all the phases.
Different Types of Lasers used in the Hair Removal
Laser energy to many wavelengths is used in the process of hair removal.
- Intense Pulse Light:- Intense Pulse Light is actually not a laser but Intense Pulse Light is one of the most well-known therapies of hair removal. Lasers send only a single beam of light on to the targeted area but Intense Pulse Light sends the complete spectrum of light on the targeted area. Intense Pulse Light is less powerful as compared to laser, therefore, it is good for the light coloured hair. Intense Pulse Light is cheaper than Laser.
- Alexandrite:- As compared to Nd:YAG, Alexandrite has a little shorter wavelength. The repetition rate is fast and also spot size is bigger, therefore, Alexandrite is absolutely appropriate for aiming the large patches on the skin with unwanted hair such as legs, hands. Alexandrite is best suitable for the olive skin. The wavelength of Alexandrite is 755nm.
- Nd:YAG:- Nd: YAG is the laser for the people having a darker complexion. Nd:YAG has a longer wavelength and due to which it neglects the melanin on the skin and directly target the hair follicles. The wavelength of Nd:YAG is 1064nm.
- Diode:- Diode works for most of the wavelengths and therefore it is suitable for most of the skin tones. The doctor sets the wavelength according to the hair and the skin but it works best for the pale to medium skin tone.
- Pulse Diode Ray:- Pulse Diode Ray also works for the pale to medium skin. It has a wavelength of 810nm.
- Ruby:- Ruby absorbs melanin at a very high rate and therefore it is used for the fair skin and also thin hair. Since ruby can also cause discolouration on the darker skin complexion, therefore, paler you are, the better it is. The wavelength of Ruby is 694.3nm. Ruby was the first laser which was designed to remove the hair.
Care to be taken before and after the Laser Hair Removal
- Some kind of discomfort may occur during the procedure, therefore, apply the numbing cream 30 minutes before the laser procedure
- Avoid the exposure of Sun ( Ultraviolet rays) 1 week before the treatment
- If you have any medical history then share that with the technician or the doctor before choosing for the laser treatment so that utmost care can be taken.
- Around 4 weeks before do not do any treatment like waxing, bleach etc.
- The area has to be clean shaven 24 hours before
- Wear proper eye protection before the starting of the procedure. Eye protector must be of good quality.
For other pre-treatment care kindly contact your doctor….
- Apply icing after the procedure will lower down the side-effects of the procedure like itching, redness, swelling etc
- Avoid the exposure of ultraviolet rays 7 days after the laser procedure.
- The hair will start falling or start shedding from the skin in 7 to 14 days
- If there are blisters then do not puncture and apply antibiotic cream
- Apply sunscreen regularly if you are going out
- If any dead skin or dry skin develops and then do not scratch it will fall off by itself
For other post-treatment care kindly contact your doctor….
Laser Hair Removal Cost in Hyderabad
The cost of the treatment differs according to the following parameters:-
- What is the size of the area on which treatment has to be done and how much time will be required for the treatment?
- How many treatments or sessions are required for a particular patient.
- In which country you are living are going to do the laser hair removal
It is recommended that you must ask for a consultation from the expert to get a clear idea about the cost of the Laser Hair Removal treatment
Cost of Laser Hair Removal in Hyderabad
- Spending the money on the Laser Hair Removal treatment is only a one-time investment per year. Some of the sessions of the laser hair removal treatment that can remove hair almost permanently cost much less than the money which is spent on razors, hair removal creams or waxing in the last 10 years.
- On an Average, the cost in Hyderabad of the full body Laser Hair Removal treatment is close to 2 lacs in a well-known clinic. which means the cost of one session of Full body Laser Hair Removal treatment ranges approximately between rupees 30,000 to 45,000 and as the area to be treated decreases the money also increases. The laser hair removal for underarms is almost 2000-3000 for one session. Everything else depends on the complexity of the skin.
- Some clinics offer an EMI option at 0% interest rate for those patients who take either full body package or they take a number of sessions of the laser treatment
How to Choose Best Clinic in Hyderabad for Laser Treatment.
- Laser hair removal is not that easy that it can be done in a beauty parlour so it is important that the procedure is performed by the well-trained technician. If performed by an untrained technician may cause burns and scars on the skin.
- Check whether the technician is certified for performing the laser procedures?
- Are they going to test the small part of the skin to check whether your skin is a good match for the treatment that is performed and there is no reaction on the skin/
- The doctor must tell the patient about the aftercare routine precautions and check and it depends on the patient to patient.
- The USPS of the clinic must be there and the laser equipments they are using must be US FDA approved
Laser hair removal is very efficient but a tricky procedure. It is not as easy as doing waxing, threading, plucking and shaving. Several things have to be managed from the clinic side and also from the patient side. So before choosing the option for the Laser hair removal, do take care of the above-mentioned things and then start your process.
Armed with this knowledge I hope you can now have enough direction to start looking for laser hair removal treatment in Hyderabad.