Blackheads are small, dark coloured tiny spots, which are commonly appear on nose and face. Blackheads are also a mild form of acne; this may spoil your appearance of the skin. Are you suffering with blackheads? You know need to worry because these blackheads can remove safely and there are many preventive methods and many treatments available in the market. In this article you learn more about blackheads and their causes, symptoms, prevention and removal treatments, cost and home-remedies.
Read more about Best Topical And Oral Antibiotics For Acne In India
- 1 What Are Blackheads On Nose?
- 2 What Are The Causes For Blackheads?
- 3 What Are The Symptoms Of Blackheads?
- 4 How To Remove Blackheads on Nose?
- 5 Home Remedies To Remove Blackheads?
- 6 Cost Of Blackhead Removal Treatments In India
- 7 How To Prevent Blackheads On Face?
- 8 Are These Blackhead Treatments Permanent?
What Are Blackheads On Nose?
Blackheads are small, dark coloured tiny spots or tiny bumps on the skin which appears due to clogging of hair follicles. Blackheads are usually seen in the areas such as nose (it is the most common place), face, chest, back, shoulders etc. Blackheads are also type of mild acne, if they are not treated properly, it leads to the formation of pimples and acne breakout. When dead skin cells, and sebum accumulates in the pores, it leads to acne formation. Blackheads seems to be black or dark in colour due oxidation of melanin pigmentation in the skin. Some times these blackheads appear in white colour and present with in the pores and they are known as whiteheads.
Read more about Cystic Acne: Definition, Causes, Treatment, and Prevention
What Are The Causes For Blackheads?
Following are the common causes for blackheads they are:
- Genetics is one of the causes for blackheads, if any of your parents suffered from blackheads then you may prone to getting them.
- Hormonal changes triggers blackheads, this is due to the hormone called androgen it triggers the production of sebum in both girls and boys. Hormonal changes during pregnancy, puberty, menstruation, under medication like birth control pills these are the common causes for blackheads.
- If you are living in high humidity places, it leads to excessive sweating and causes over production of sebum and oil from the glands this results in blackheads.
- Stress also triggers your sebaceous glands to produce over sebum and oil which leads to blackheads.
- Smoking leads to blackheads, due to chemical nicotine when you inhale this increase the production of sebum levels.
- People under certain medications which contains estrogen, testosterone, corticosteroids may cause blackheads as side effects.
- Consuming food items containing high amount of sugars, fats, oils etc, can initiates the clogging pores as a results blackheads which leads to acne too.
- Producing too much body oil can cause blackheads.
Read more about Is Acne Treatment Safe During Pregnancy?
What Are The Symptoms Of Blackheads?
- Blackheads are black in colour and they can be spotted easily.
- They are painless unlike pimples.
- Blackheads are flat, whereas pimples are slightly raised.
- There is no discomfort with blackheads.
How To Remove Blackheads on Nose?
Here are the common methods to remove blackheads:
Doctors will prescribe you with appropriate medications to treat a severe case of blackheads. Usually, blackheads fall under grade1 acne. Medications which contain vitamin A helps in forming hair follicles and promotes rapid turnover of skin cells. These types of medications can apply directly to your skin and they consist of tretinoin, tazarotene or adapalene.
Chemical peels help to remove clogged pores and get of the dead skin cells that contribute to blackheads. Salicylic acid peel is used to remove clogging pores and removes dead skin cells. It is a mild peel and very effective in removing blackheads. This chemical peel is applied to the skin that gradually removes the upper layer of the skin revealing smoother skin underneath. These treatments are performed by dermatologists and skincare professionals.
Microdermabrasion is a technique in which a specialised instrument that contains rough surface to scrub away the top layers of the skin. This procedure unclogs the pores and removes blackheads. Always this treatment is not a best option for blackheads, it may worsen the condition sometimes.
Dermatologists or skin experts uses a tool called comedone extractor to remove the blackheads from your skin. This tool has a round loop at its tip that is placed on the blackheads to extract them. Experts gently release pressure to extract blackheads. It is easiest way to get rid of blackheads, however one must seek professional help while using this tool for right amount of pressure to unclog the pore without damaging the skin.
Topical Creams For blackhead removal: How To Get Rid of Blackheads on Your Nose
Topical creams are available for removal of blackheads without prescription they can be easily available at chemist shops. Topical creams can be used to treat mild to moderate blackheads. This medication available in the form of gels, scrub, cream and they can be applied directly on the affected areas. The medication contains ingredients like benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid cream.
These help in drying the sebum and oil contents in the skin and increases the regeneration process and reduces the risk of blackheads. It is always recommended that before purchasing such solutions take suggestion with your dermatologist.
Home Remedies To Remove Blackheads?
Following solutions to remove the blackheads:
- Blackheads can be removed by using blackhead removal stripes on nose instantly. It is a temporary solution black heads can form within 2 to 3 days.
- Home remedies for blackheads involves natural masks with natural ingredients and steam can helps to reduce blackheads. However, these do not work for every individual.
- Face masks also helps in exfoliating by scrubbing your skin and helps in removing impurities to get rid of blackheads.
Cost Of Blackhead Removal Treatments In India
Average cost for the non-invasive blackhead removal treatments varies between 1000 to 5000. Here are some popular dermatologists approved solutions:
- Cost of chemical peels varies between RS.1,000 to RS.3,000 per session.
- Cost of comedone extraction varies between RS.2,000 to RS.4,000 per session.
- Cost of microdermabrasion treatment may range between RS.2,000 to RS.4,000 per session.
- Prescribed medications, creams and products ranges between RS. 700 to RS.2,000 per unit.
How To Prevent Blackheads On Face?
- Wash your face twice a day with a mild cleanser, it will help by washing away impurities. Use sunscreen regularly.
- Avoid popping or squeezing blackheads, use mild scrub to exfoliate dead skin cells and reduce blackheads.
- Usage of non-comedogenic products for daily skincare with are free from oils.
- Try to practice stress free life, get enough rest, practice yoga, exercise, maintain healthy lifestyle.
- Avoid food which contains excessive oils and sugars which leads to oil production in the skin and results in blackheads.
- Include your diet with plenty of leafy vegetables, vegetables and fruits.
Are These Blackhead Treatments Permanent?
A good skin care routine is required on the daily basis. After the treatment for blackheads removal post care and post blackhead treatment is recommended from forming again. Skin care routine involves washing your face twice a day with mild cleanser, using moisturizer regularly, while going out on a sunny day use sunscreen, it will protect you from harsh sunrays. Although, above mentioned solutions will take time to achieve permanent results.
Now you know all about blackheads its causes and its preventive measures and treatments. Are you struggling with blackheads and tried home remedies and looking for best clinical treatments? then you are in the right place. Choose clinic offers you best non-invasive permanent solutions for removing blackheads. Book an appointment with us by calling 636 636 3333 or you can fill the above form.