Having a slim figure is often the most commonly sought-after goal by many people. This is hardly surprising given that a slim body is often highlighted in television, magazines, films and other media publications. However, besides aesthetics, better health is another reason people are interested in matching their physical goals.
It does not matter how slim your body looks; maintaining an ideal body weight according to your height is mandated to prevent many health problems before they occur and push you to find solutions.
Where most people think that setting up a diet and practising sports daily can help them lose weight, the perfect weight loss measure lies in addressing the reason for weight gain. By identifying the reason behind weight gain, you can decide the best way to lose weight substantially without the risk of regaining the lost pounds.
Hence we are prioritising knowing about the most common reasons for weight gain. We will gradually move towards finding the most recommended and proven weight loss diet regimens that are useful and significant to optimise your efforts of losing weight.
Please read this article till the end and make yourself believe that losing weight is possible when you decide to do it.
Read more about How to Lose Belly Fat Naturally?
Most Common Medical Reasons For Weight Gain
Most of the time, weight gain occurs unintentionally when we put on weight without increasing our food consumption or decreasing our daily activities. In most cases, this happens when we are not trying to gain weight and often due to abnormal growths, pregnancy, fluid retention and constipation.
However, some people are genetically overweight, whereas others might gain weight due to medication side effects.
There are many reasons behind weight gain, so let’s discuss some of them below.
- Pregnancy: One of the most common causes of gaining weight is pregnancy. During pregnancy, most women eat more to support the baby’s growth, which is how they gain weight as the baby grows. The extra weight consists of the placenta, increased blood supply, amniotic fluid, enlarged uterus and the baby.
- Hormonal fluctuations: Women between the age of 45 and 55 enter menopause, a stage where they no longer have their monthly menstrual cycle. When a woman is reproductive, the estrogen hormone regulates menstruation and ovulation. And once menopause occurs, the estrogen hormone production becomes too low to induce menstruation.
Due to the decrease in the estrogen hormone, women can experience weight gain around the abdomen and the hips. Aside from menopause, the polycystic ovarian syndrome is another hormone-related health condition among women of all ages that comes with weight gain as a side effect.
- Menstruation: Menstrual cycle is another reason for periodic weight gain. Many women experience bloating and water retention during their menstrual cycle because of the changing levels and progesterone and estrogen. As a result, they end up gaining weight off a few pounds.
- Fluid retention: Fluid retention can be the reason behind unexplained rapid weight gain. This leads to fluid swelling that can cause your limbs, face, hands, abdomen, and feet to look swollen. People with liver diseases, kidney problems, heart failures or taking certain medications may experience fluid retention followed by weight gain.
- Medications: Some medications, such as antidepressants, birth control pills, corticosteroids and antipsychotic drugs, cause unintentional weight gain.
However, the cause of weight gain may vary from one person to another. The symptoms of unintentional weight gain can be diagnosed through blood sample check, checking hormone levels, liver function, kidney functions and other health markers that imply some medical issues.
Read more about Tummy Weight Loss Treatment in Hyderabad
Benefits Of Losing Weight
As mentioned earlier, not everyone tries to lose weight to feel good about their bodies. Some people care about their overall health and know how healthy weight loss can be to maintain a disease-free body.
Unfortunately, we must mention the third category of people who seem to be utterly carefree about weight gain. Though we hope you don’t fall into that category and don’t need someone to give you reasons to lose weight, we still want to talk about some of the most surprising benefits of weight loss.
- More energy: When you carry extra weight, your body uses much energy. On the other hand, losing weight leads to skyrocketing energy levels. Plus, the body can function much better when supplied with nutritious food.
- Fewer migraines: People who spend some time every month dealing with headaches and chronic migraines might benefit once they drop those extra pounds from their bodies.
- Stress reduction: High-fat, sugary and salty food, mainly processed carbs, can trigger high cortisol levels, commonly known as the stress hormone. A weight loss regimen can reverse such a condition.
- Balanced mood: When we feel good or stay happy, our brain releases endorphins. Since exercising is a great way to make yourself happy, it leads to a more positive attitude and balanced mood alongside losing weight.
- Better immunity: Extra body weight puts much stress on your immune system. As a result, you suffer more from colds and other illnesses. Losing weight supports your immune system and improves your overall health.
- Clear skin: High-sugar foods and carbohydrates put your liver and kidneys through much stress. As a result, your skin suffers from different skin conditions. Improve your diet and exercise regularly to lose weight and get clear skin and healthy hair.
- Improved sex drive: Losing weight is associated with boosting the testosterone level leading to a better libido.
- Better memory: Our brain requires adequate minerals and vitamins to function. When we lose weight by consuming better foods with higher antioxidant levels, it improves memory capability.
- Reduced joint pain: Losing weight means reducing stress and inflammation in the knees, hips, and elbows.
The Most Recommended Weight Loss Diets In The Clinics Of Vijayawada
The perfect diet to lose weight is one of the most subjective topics on the internet. Since there are hundreds of different diets available that one can pick up to lose weight, the best kind suitable to shed some extra body fat or the one that works like magic cannot be found on the internet.
To get significant results from your weight loss diet, you need to know what works when losing weight or upvoting your health.
Below are the top three weight loss diets that fulfil your nutritional necessity alongside losing weight
Read more about Cost of Coolsculpting in Hyderabad
A low-fat diet is a simple way to cut out the extra pounds from your body. Doctors also advocate eating a low-fat diet since the calorie intake from a low-fat diet is low. Some high-fat foods like cookies, French fries, greasy, and cakes also have less nutritional value than other healthier options such as vegetables and fruits.
Undeniably fat is an essential part of a diet, and there are good fats and bad fats. It is necessary to know the difference between the type of fats that can make a person healthy and the facts that can cause severe health problems to make informed choices about meals.
In the weight loss clinics in Vijayawada, the certified nutritionists and dietitians provide the patients with mix-and-match meal plans that include low-fat foods.
What Is A Low-Fat Diet?
Foods that contain less than 3 grams of fat per 100 calories are known as low-fat food. To determine the fat content of food, you must read its nutrition label. If you are buying packaged foods, reading the list of specific values is essential instead of blindly believing the label “low fat” on it.
The low-fat diets suggested by nutritionists for weight loss in Vijayawada include:
- Baked crackers
- Whole grain noodles
- Pita bread
- Egg whites
- Lean meat
- Skinless chicken
The nutritionists also add a lot of fruits and vegetables, avoiding frozen or canned options alongside other dairy products that are free from fats, such as yoghurt, cheese, skimmed milk etc.
The Meal Plan Of A Low-Fat Diet Looks Like This:
- Dairy products: If you are trying to lose weight with a low-fat diet, you must consume 3 servings of low-fat dairy products daily.
- Fruits: Four servings of fresh fruits are recommended to avoid canned or dried fruits daily.
- Oils: 3 tablespoons of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated oils such as olive oil, peanut oil or sesame oil can be taken daily.
- Proteins: Consuming 1 to 2 servings of non-fried fish, legumes, nuts, eggs, or lean meats per day is suggested.
- Vegetables: Up to 5 servings of fresh vegetables daily must be aimed.
- Wholegrains: You must consume 3 to 6 grains such as brown rice, oatmeal, bread or crackers daily.
A plant-based diet means you turn more to plant-based foods instead of meats. Most plant-based diets include vegetables, legumes, whole grains, nuts, seeds, etc., mainly used as ingredients.
Plant-based diets are rich in fibre, minerals and vitamins and are appropriate for those who don’t prefer animal foods.
Undeniably certain animal foods have appealing health benefits, and removing them from the diet is not suggested. However, plant-based diets are the best for people who are entirely vegan and want an alternative approach.
What Do Plant-Based Diets Consist Of?
- Fibre: Plant-based diets help get more and more dietary fibre to match the fibre needs of your body every day. Digestive enzymes cannot break down fibre, making their passages through the gastrointestinal tract without being rapt.
The most common types of dietary fibres include insoluble and soluble fibres, and fibres can slow down digestion helping the body to absorb required nutrients from the foods. Fibres are primarily found in foods like beans, oats, peas and certain fruits and vegetables and play a key role in good gut and bowel health.
- Vitamins And Minerals: There are several vitamins and minerals present in plant-based foods, including vitamins A, E, K, C and folate, besides minerals like phosphorus, manganese, magnesium and potassium. All the nutrients mentioned benefit an excellent immune system and gut health, directly contributing to weight loss.
What Does Eating A Plant-Based Diet For Weight Loss Mean?
- Lentils: Lentils are one of the most popular plant-based foods that you can find in every kitchen and are beneficial for weight loss. Tiny lentils are sources of protein, vitamins, phytonutrients, fibre and minerals. Besides helping lose weight, they’re easy to cook and make delicious dishes for each meal.
- Nuts: Whenever it comes to replacing bad fats with good ones, nuts come into our minds. Nuts are also small bags of nutrition containing monounsaturated fats that help lower cholesterol levels. You can snack on nuts whenever your appetite awakens to lose weight.
- Chickpea: The use of chickpeas in most plant-based weight loss diets is pretty standard. Chickpeas are a source of protein and fibre and are also rich and minerals and vitamins. Chickpeas are great alternatives to animal products and can be eaten in many ways, such as using in recipes, roasting chickpeas etc.
- Chia seeds: Chia seeds are rich in nutrients and proteins and have brilliant fibre content. 2 grams of protein are present in one tablespoon of chia seeds, and chia seeds are an excellent substitute for animal foods.
- Oats: Oats are the healthiest breakfast meal in every plant-based diet for weight loss since they are rich in antioxidants and vitamins.
Many nutritionists and dietitians suggest intermittent fasting is highly beneficial for losing weight. Intermittent fasting is one of the most popular fitness trends that improve health by simplifying lifestyles.
In intermittent fasting, a person focuses more on when to eat than what to eat. Therefore, rather than thinking about intermittent fasting as a conventional diet, it can be described as an eating pattern.
The most common intermittent fasting pattern is 16-hour fasts or fasting for 24 hours two times a week. Since fasting is associated with good health, intermittent fasting is beneficial in losing weight.
The Most Common Intermittent Fasting Patterns
The 16/8 pattern: A person must skip breakfast and restrict the daily eating period to 8 hours, such as 1:00 pm to 9:00 pm and then fast for 16 hours.
Eat-stop-eat: This involves fasting for 24 hours once or twice a week, for example, not eating lunch from one day until the next.
The 5::2 diet: In this method, you can consume only 500 to 600 calories every day for two days of a week but can typically eat on the rest of the five days.
Fat Reduction Treatments In Vijayawada For Weight Loss
Fat reduction can effectively impact weight loss by cutting off the excess fat deposit from the body with new and advanced technologies. Reducing stubborn fat pockets to contour the body with very little or no downtime is now possible.
Here we will discuss two fat reduction techniques with zero side effects that can result in long-lasting weight loss among patients.
Liposuction is a surgical procedure using suction to remove excess fat from specific body areas, including hips, thighs, arms, neck, abdomen, and buttocks. Liposuction also shapes up those areas, and the treatment is also known as lipoplasty and body contouring.
Many people undergoing liposuction could lose weight from their overall bodies. Therefore, liposuction could be an excellent choice if you are overweight and cannot get enough results from diet and exercise.
You are an ideal candidate for liposuction if you have too much body fat.
What Is Done During Liposuction?
Some liposuction procedures may include local or regional anaesthesia, while others might be done under general anaesthesia. During the surgery, the surgical team first monitor the blood pressure, oxygen level and heart rate and keep those in check throughout the process.
There are three types of liposuction:
Tumescent liposuction in which the surgeons inject a sterile solution aiding fat removal. The fluid cause the affected area to swell or stiffen. In this procedure, the doctors may make minor cuts on the skin to insert a thin tube called a cannula connected to a vacuum to suck fat and fluids from the body.
Ultrasound-assisted liposuction is a type of liposuction that uses a metal rod emitting ultrasonic energy under the skin. The ultrasound energy ruptures the fat cell walls and breaks down the fat for removal.
Laser-assisted liposuction is a technique that uses laser technology to break down fat. In this procedure, the surgeon inserts a laser fibre by making a small incision in the skin to emulsify the fat deposits.
Inch last treatment is a completely non-invasive method and is done through a combination of radiofrequency and ultrasound techniques. The ultrasound waves are sent into the deepest layers of the skin to disrupt fat cells to break them. Radiofrequency, however, stimulates collagen production to tighten the skin after fat breakage.
Some FAQs Regarding Weight Loss Treatment In Vijayawada
What Is The Best Treatment For Weight Loss?
It is always suggested by nutritionists and dietitians to increase physical activity or exercise for the treatment of obesity. If you have excessive body weight, you must include at least 150 minutes of moderate to intense physical activity in your daily routine to prevent further weight gain and to maintain a healthy body weight compared to your height. Since diet plays a vital role in our overall health, a nutritious dietary regimen such as following a low-fat diet, plant-based diet or intermittent fasting can also fast forward the results of exercising for weight loss.
How To Lose Weight In Seven Days At Home?
To some extent, weight loss is possible in seven days by including high-intensity activities in your daily routine. For example, if you are walking, you need to switch to running and continue walking for some time. High-intensity workouts such as swimming, aerobics and Zumba are good options for rapid weight loss when combined with a healthy diet that includes all the necessary nutrients and is free from bad fats and carbohydrates.
Are Weight Loss Pills Safe?
Pills that promise to speed up your metabolism and suppress your appetite are risky and can lead to diseases such as fast heart rate, cardiovascular diseases, high blood pressure etc. Some of the instant side effects may also include bloating and diarrhoea. Therefore, weight loss pills are not recommended by dietitians and nutritionists for weight loss.
How To Lose Extreme Weight Fast?
Intermittent fasting is the best way to lose weight in less time. Intermittent fasting teaches a person to eat mindfully while making healthy food choices throughout the day. Alongside intermittent fasting, eating high-protein foods and cutting back on refined carbohydrates and sugar are also necessary. Eating plenty of fibre-balanced gut bacteria also helps get a good night’s sleep, contributing to losing weight faster.
Why Can’t I Lose Weight?
Losing weight is easy when you have gained weight unintentionally. Unintentional weight gain is caused by pregnancy, hormonal fluctuations, or menstruation. However, suppose you are suffering from any underlying disease that is causing you excessive weight gain or genetics is playing an essential role in weight gain for you. In that case, you need to consult a nutritionist or dietitian to make a customised weight loss plan to help you achieve your weight loss goals faster.
How Much Does Weight Loss Treatment Cost In Vijayawada?
If you are going for surgery to lose weight, it can cost you up to 2,50,000/- in India. However, the best way to lose weight is through dieting, exercising, and fasting; none of them cost you a fortune. Any weight loss treatment is only suggested when your body does not respond well to diets and exercises.
If you think you are the only one experiencing excessive weight gain, you don’t know about so many people who have been struggling to lose weight for many years. Weight gain is a widespread problem among people of different age groups, and that does not mean losing weight is hard. Our body weight fluctuates depending on the food we eat, the hormones, and the water our body retains. It is possible to lose fat through different treatments.
If you are in Vijayawada and looking for weight loss treatment, we have a list of many weight loss clinics that offer weight loss programs in the safest way possible. Visit choose. Find a weight loss clinic in your locality, and start your weight loss journey today.