Introduction to Acne
Acne is basically a skin condition which causes the pimple and spots on the different parts of the body such as back, chest, face, neck. But the most recurring place of acne is the face. Acne occurs when the hair follicles get clogged with the dead skin cells and the oil.
The problem of Acne occurs in almost any age. Mostly acne arises more among teenagers. In other words, we can say that acne mostly occurs during the time of puberty. At the time of puberty, the sebaceous glands activate and produce oil which in turn clog the pores.
Acne does not come alone. It comes with red lumps, pus, pain and also scars. Nowadays an acne prone is very common and there can be many reasons behind it. We do a lot of medication and home remedies to get rid of acne. Acne come and go but the acne scars stay on the body for years and they do not look good and especially when they are on the face. These old scars after recurring acne turn into Cystic Acne.
Cystic acne are those breakouts which burrow deep inside the skin. Red nodules are created when the pores which are clogged get filled with pus and bacteria. Cystic acne is very painful. Cystic acne causes a deep scar which is visible on the surface of the skin
Symptoms of Acne
- Small reddish and very tender bumps
- Pimple filled with pus
- Large bumps beneath the skin surface
- Pus-filled painful bumps beneath the skin surface
Read more about
Best Dermatologist in Hyderabad for Skin
Reasons for Acne
There is not one reason for having acne. The cause depends on individual to individual. Some of the common reasons for acne are:-
- Excess production of oil
- Change in the environment
- Use of wrong skin care products
- Wrong eating habits
- Lack of proper diet
- Excessive consumptions of antibiotics
- Imbalance Hormones
Acne scars are the result of the recurrence of acne. Acne scars are nothing but the result of the inflamed blemishes which are caused by the skin pores filled with the oil, harmful bacteria and also dead skin cells. The pores swell and as a result, the follicle walls break. The light breakage in the follicle wall i.e light scars heal in some months but the if there is a deep break then the material which is infected impacts the surrounding tissue and deep scars which either takes 1-2 years to fade off or they remain on the skin. The healing of the skin is not at all like original and scars become visible on the skin.
How acne causes Acne Scars?
When the tissues of the body are either damaged or injured then the body automatically starts repairing the impacted area. This healing is done by the WBC ( white blood cells ) and the molecules which fight infection and heal the tissue which is damaged. After the infection is cured the skin is repaired but it is not repaired like how the original skin was and this is called Acne scars.
Types of Acne Scars
There are different types of Acne scars based on colour and texture which are as follows:-
- Ice Pick Scar:- Ice pick scars are basically the small depressions on the skin. The scars look like as if some needles has been punctured on the skin. Ice pick scars are mostly found on the cheek. They are sometimes hard and sometimes soft.
- Boxcar Scar:- Boxcar scar is also a kind of depression on the skin but indentation has sharp edges i.e. a dent is created after the healing of the acne.
- Rolling Acne Scar:- Rolling acne scars is something like a small saucers which gives the wavy texture to the surface of the skin. These scars are either circular or linear in shape and they are soft.
- Keloid Scar:- Keloid scars are actually discoloured bums. These scars are formed when the skin heals after the cystic acne.
- Hyperpigmentation:- Hyperpigmentations are the dark spots or we can say a discolouration on the skin surface which is due to the inflammation. It is due to the increase of melanin in the skin.
- Atrophic Macules:- Atrophic Macules are very soft but the base of the skin is little wrinkled. The blood vessels beneath the skin surface make these scars look purple at the beginning but later they get changed to pale ivory. They can be of small, medium or big size.
Acne scars are one of the most common impacts of acne. It only impacts on our physical state but our emotional state also. And that is why there is a treatment available to remove these acne scars. The treatment is done through LASER technology. The result will be:-
- Enhancement of self-esteem
- Skin health will be better
- The appearance will be improved
Read more about Laser Treatment for Acne Scars in Hyderabad
How the scars are treated?
LASER RESURFACING THROUGH INTENSE PULSED LASER
In this treatment, the intense short bursts of the light are pulsed onto the skin. This treatment is done layer by layer. Laser completely removes the damaged skin like dark spots, scars. As a result production of collages is increased and this reminds the cells to start the process of regeneration. As a result, naturally, the skin resurfaces on the damaged skin.
The procedure takes from a few minutes to 1 hour depending on the area that has to be treated. To lessen the pain doctor numbs the skin by giving local anaesthesia to the patient. In 3 days to 10 days, the skin is completely healed.
Intense pulsed lasers are also used for treating wrinkles, skin discolouration, age spots.
Fractional lasers work on small portions on the skin and they are called “microthermal” zones. This treatment rejuvenates the skin by inducing elastin, dermal matrix protection, collagen and epidermal resurfacing. On 20% of the skin is treated at one time therefore healing is faster.
In this treatment, the patient can feel slight pain therefore to some patients doctors also give local anaesthesia.
So, what are you waiting for?. Go and book and appointment for ding the laser treatment for acne scars.
If you would like to know more about the laser treatment of acne scar so do comment below.